This gentle Buddhist nation has a rich and diverse history that ranges from ancient Buddhist empires to the colonial era when the Portuguese, Dutch and British traders took their turn in residence.
Based in the south of the beautiful island of Sri Lanka, The Barberyn Beach Ayurvedic health centre is staffed by highly qualified Doctors who are experienced in both Ayurvedic and Allopathic (Western) medicine and Acupuncture. Ayurveda literally translated as the 'Science of Life' is the oldest known health system in the world. The programmes focus on the guests well-being through Ayurvedic diagnosis, Diet, Yoga, Meditation and other activities, thus providing a holistic healing process.
* 53 large and airy rooms allowing air movement - Air Conditioning is not used as it is not natural and would interfere with the treatment programmes. Ceiling fans are used instead
* Seawater pool
* Rooms also have a lounge/dining area and south facing balconies
* TV and radio sets are not provided - to maintain tranquillity
* Four poster style beds with mosquito nets
* En suite bathrooms with tub
* Excursions to tea and rubber plantations, temples, wetlands & eco sites
* Oriental musical & trad. dance performances
* Lectures by Buddhist monks and teachers ( non religious )
* Weekly cookery demonstrations
* Gift shops